Έλληνες στην Ελβετία

Μιας που βρεθήκαμε όλοι εδώ...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hello fellow Greeks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 pm 

Hello fellow Greeks,
my name is Petros and I will be moving to Switzerland from the UK at the end of December 2013.
To be a little more specific, I will be moving to Zurich and I would love to meet and get to know more Greeks or people with Greek heritage or who are just interested in Greece or Cyprus. If anyone would like to suggest or recommend anything about life in Switzerland in general or more specific about life in Zurich, I would be very grateful. Things like rented accommodation, parking, road tax, Greek meetings/events, Greek restaurants, shopping, health insurance, socializing, work for expatiates and anything else is welcome. By the way, I am thinking to drive my UK registered car over so again and info on this subject would be very much appreciated, and yes I know that in Switzerland you guys have LHD (Left Hand Drive) cars ;)

Anyone reading this that would fancy a road trip from London to Zurich at the end of December, please get in touch as I will have a space available.

I hope to hear from some of you.
Naste kala,
Petros

Post subject: Re: Hello fellow Greeks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello fellow Greeks,
my name is Petros and I will be moving to Switzerland from the UK at the end of December 2013.
To be a little more specific, I will be moving to Zurich and I would love to meet and get to know more Greeks or people with Greek heritage or who are just interested in Greece or Cyprus. If anyone would like to suggest or recommend anything about life in Switzerland in general or more specific about life in Zurich, I would be very grateful. Things like rented accommodation, parking, road tax, Greek meetings/events, Greek restaurants, shopping, health insurance, socializing, work for expatiates and anything else is welcome. By the way, I am thinking to drive my UK registered car over so again and info on this subject would be very much appreciated, and yes I know that in Switzerland you guys have LHD (Left Hand Drive) cars ;)

Anyone reading this that would fancy a road trip from London to Zurich at the end of December, please get in touch as I will have a space available.

I hope to hear from some of you.
Naste kala,
Petros
Welcome to the website and soon to Switzerland Petros,
I myself am based in Geneva, which could not be further from Zurich, both in terms of way of life and geographically, so I hope some other forum member can answer your more specific questions. I have some general info about accomodation, insurances etc. in other parts of the forum, and these should be generic enough to cover your case as well.
About the car, it always depends on when you bought it, Switzerland is not EU so it might not be the best thing to pay import taxes for a >5 years old car if that's the case. And it's also a WHD right? (Wrong Hand Drive) :)

Welcome again.